My identity.
When others describe me, the most noticeable traits about myself are my appearance, and I am obviously from a mixed background. Dark naturally straight hair, tawny toned skin and petite stature are my most prominent qualities. The first two qualities are often found as contradicting. With "white person hair" yet darker toned skin, my families blended background is very distinguishable. My demeanor is very social and bubbly, conversing and smiling with everyone I meet. Although these things do reflect or convey my identity, these qualities are not what I think of when describing who I think I am. What mostly affects my identity are my life's experiences and connections with other people. Living with my two siblings and separated parents, I have adapted to the way my family lives and has been brought up. School has always been a great priority to me, and although i used to be a gymnast, I don't focus on that anymore. The people I have chosen to surround myself with also say a lot about me, and I wouldn't trade them for anything, as they have let me be exactly who I am without changing my personality. Overall, my identity is a very positive and open minded person, and I love to explore new options, obsessed with traveling and making good memories.
When others describe me, the most noticeable traits about myself are my appearance, and I am obviously from a mixed background. Dark naturally straight hair, tawny toned skin and petite stature are my most prominent qualities. The first two qualities are often found as contradicting. With "white person hair" yet darker toned skin, my families blended background is very distinguishable. My demeanor is very social and bubbly, conversing and smiling with everyone I meet. Although these things do reflect or convey my identity, these qualities are not what I think of when describing who I think I am. What mostly affects my identity are my life's experiences and connections with other people. Living with my two siblings and separated parents, I have adapted to the way my family lives and has been brought up. School has always been a great priority to me, and although i used to be a gymnast, I don't focus on that anymore. The people I have chosen to surround myself with also say a lot about me, and I wouldn't trade them for anything, as they have let me be exactly who I am without changing my personality. Overall, my identity is a very positive and open minded person, and I love to explore new options, obsessed with traveling and making good memories.
Wow i am very impressed Vicky as this was very well worded and thought out. I feel that i am able to relate to some of these things as i am someone who focuses on family and friends. I think the way you deal with certian things in incredible. Hearing some of the things you have learned to cope with really says something about your independence and im really proud of you. Overall great job.
ReplyDelete