Tuesday, 6 December 2016
What Defines Me?
I believe I am defined by my passions and the things I choose to spend my time doing. Music is and always has been something that enjoy and something that occupies a major spot in my life. I am not only a music student, but a music teacher at a local music studio in Orangeville. Sharing my experience and love for music with my students is a truly amazing opportunity, and has made me discover a lot about myself. Music isn’t just something you sing, play, or make, but something you feel. It is a form of self expression that allows you to portray any emotion you are feeling without saying a word. Music has always been a large part of my life, and a large part of my family’s life. My Grandfather and Mother both sing and play guitar, alongside myself, playing piano and singing. Expressing yourself through music is not only affective, but a healthy way to release emotions and decrease stress. Having the ability to use music as an alternative outlet for these things is extremely beneficial to your health and your overall happiness. This is a large part of what I define myself as because it is extremely important to me. My goal as a music teacher is to make my students feel as if they can use what I teach them to express themselves and to feel as if they can turn to music when needed. Because it is such a large part of my identity, my hope is to make my students discover the same thing.
Labels:
Jessica Anderson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice work on this. Through this blog I found out things I had never known about you before. Your love for music is clearly displayed here and the reasons it defines you are well supported. As a gymnastics coach I am able to connect with you because I aswell want my students to be successful and love what they are doing in class, and after class.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on teaching! Nothing forces you to learn your own subject, or see your talent through new eyes, like having to explain it to someone who has never done it before. I hope that this opportunity allows you to see other possibilities for your future, and to gain the confidence to show everyone else what you are capable of.
ReplyDelete