Friday, 2 December 2016
What defines you?
A few of the things that define me are my job, my role as a student, my activities and my family. To begin, my job at Tim Hortons defines me because when I am there, I transform into a coffee machine. Customers yell at me and I can't hear them because I stop being a person. Now I'm a coffee machine and you can tell me I'm garbage and you're probably right because all of the machines at my store are broken. This is a metaphor for me being a broken person. This brings me into my role as a student. Honestly I barely count as a student because all I do is sleep and cry about all of my work. I refuse to do it and this is another reason why I'm a stressed out piece of garbage. A few of my favorite activities include; falling asleep and being surprised when my homework hasn't done itself by the time i wake up; spending hours of my life playing 8 ball pool and never winning but refusing to stop, and complaining about how school/work is taking up all of my time but continuing to play 8 ball pool. Another aspect of my life that defines me is my family because they can always make me laugh, they are always there for me and they always support me despite my never wanting to do any work and still somehow getting decent grades. All of these factors contribute to my identity because they demonstrate that I truly am a mess but I bet none of you can even tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too, wish the dishes would do themselves while I sleep, but alas this is never the case. It is clear that you are defining yourself by what you do, or sometimes, not doing. Work has a tendency to do that to you. It is also so obvious to me that you care about school, and it's hard to read that it is stressing you out and you are always doubting yourself. I see a very bright person who needs some confidence. I wish I was as smart as you at your age! This is just a small portion of your whole life, and there are great things around the corner for you.
ReplyDelete