My family has been one of the biggest influences in my life. From when I was just a child, my family has been shaping me into the person I am today. I always used to see most of my family, multiple times a year, and now that I am older I rarely ever see a lot of them. This has taught me the true value of family. Also, being in an Italian family, we are very family orientated, so for my family to start growing apart and seeing one another less and less has taught me a lesson on not taking family for granted.
Another thing that defines me is my family heritage. Both sides of my family are Italian, and all four of my grandparents immigrated from Italy to Canada. Growing up in an Italian family has definitely made a difference on who I am. My parents have always grown up on home cooked meals, and fresh foods. Watching my mother cook as I grew up is the reason why I love to cook now. I would choose a home-cooked meal over take-out any day. Also, on both sides of the family, my grandparents have their own gardens where they grow fruits and vegetables. This is another reason why I always loved to garden and grow things.
My relationship defines me as well. A lot of my friends and family know I am in a relationship with someone, and I am always getting asked about it. There has also been times where I do not see my boyfriend for multiple days and my family will ask where he is, and if we are okay. I also consider his family as my own. His younger sister is my sister, and his parents treat me as if I was their own child as well, so they have had an influence on me in the past three years with some of the decisions I have made.
In conclusion, there are a lot of aspects in my life that define me and who I am today. My family is one of the biggest things in shaping me to be who I am today.
Another thing that defines me is my family heritage. Both sides of my family are Italian, and all four of my grandparents immigrated from Italy to Canada. Growing up in an Italian family has definitely made a difference on who I am. My parents have always grown up on home cooked meals, and fresh foods. Watching my mother cook as I grew up is the reason why I love to cook now. I would choose a home-cooked meal over take-out any day. Also, on both sides of the family, my grandparents have their own gardens where they grow fruits and vegetables. This is another reason why I always loved to garden and grow things.
My relationship defines me as well. A lot of my friends and family know I am in a relationship with someone, and I am always getting asked about it. There has also been times where I do not see my boyfriend for multiple days and my family will ask where he is, and if we are okay. I also consider his family as my own. His younger sister is my sister, and his parents treat me as if I was their own child as well, so they have had an influence on me in the past three years with some of the decisions I have made.
In conclusion, there are a lot of aspects in my life that define me and who I am today. My family is one of the biggest things in shaping me to be who I am today.
This is a lovely post Emily. It is very interesting to learn more about your family, and to see how recent changes in the dynamic have impacted you. It is so wonderful that you have the constant in your partner; it is so rare to have that, especially at a young age. It is so easy to imagine when you are going through the motions of high school that things will never change, and you may desperately want them to; however, when they do change, you often long for the way things used to be. It is this pain that we associate with growing up.
ReplyDelete